Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of fine-tuning your website so that it appears as high as possible in ‘search engine results pages’ (SERPS) in Google, Bing etc.
SERPS are the pages that show when anyone does a search in Google etc. If your business offers or solves what the searcher is ‘Googling’ for, your website needs appear on the first of these pages.
Many promises can be made to get your site ranking at “the top of Google”. However, what you need in reality, is to rank at the top of the first page that the search engine shows in response to a search. i.e. the SERPS page. Anything after page 2 is rarely seen by a searcher.
You may believe that site visitors will simply find your website by typing your business name into Google etc. However, potential new customers are likely to not be aware of your business, let alone its name.
Always remember that, if no one is searching for what a site is offering, it will never be returned as a search result anyway. Therefore, you need to know what words, or search terms, people are typing into Google etc. to find the product and service you offer.
Simply guessing what people search for will not be sufficient. As will using industry specific jargon and abbreviations. For example, RHS, for ‘right hand side’ will only show results related to the Royal Horticultural Society on the first SERPS page.
Introducing professional SEO thereby gives your website a much better chance of appearing on the first SERPS page when searches are made for the services and products you offer.
Our SEO Research Audit and Strategy Reports are compiled by our resident SEO expert. Using the best tools in the industry the report will present you with the following:
- A list of search terms that people are actually typing into Google etc.
- A full analysis of what your competitors are achieving online
- Your strategy for planning improved SEO
- What you need to do to improve your SEO
- What content you need to create
- Where the new content needs to be located within the website
- The optimum main navigation menu structure
- Methods for letting search engines know to rank your content
- Methods for monitoring ranking progress, including what is working and what is not