We used several specific terms throughout this and other relevant documents.
- Services refers to the professional services described in your Client Agreement.
- Website refers to a single site on a specific domain. If there are sites on further domains or on sub domains, they are separate websites.
- Mobile App refers to an application built to be downloaded onto a mobile device from either a website or App store.
- AfterCare refers to our ongoing support packages designed to give you complete peace of mind with your website and/or mobile app and all its associated tasks and functions.
- Hosting refers to the process of storing a website or other data on a server so that it can be accessed over the Internet or on a mobile device.
- Knowledge Base refers to our help portal that contains published information on how to perform tasks in the services and also aims to provide answers to frequently asked questions.
- Support Ticket System refers to an online portal that we supply for our clients’ use to report support issues, set us tasks and vice versa, communicate and also store the content for future reference if necessary.
- Ticket refers to a request sent via the support ticket system to Web Design UK by a client, or vice versa, e.g. to report a problem and request a solution to it.
- Extras refers to the additional services and functions we offer to enhance your website, mobile app and other areas of your business.
- Terms and Conditions refer to the document and/or page that details all the T&Cs for all our services.
AfterCare is designed to give you complete peace-of-mind for running a successful website and/or mobile app. There are plenty of things to consider behind the scenes.
Such as small jobs and functionality requirements that need to be taken care of to keep a website up to date, secure and restorable should something go wrong. AfterCare also includes resources we have created to help you use your website to its best effect.
Have a read of our ‘What is Professional Web Design‘ blog post for more details.
2. Client Support
Your AfterCare Package includes the following support features:
- Support contact email for technical support, email address will have been supplied to you.
- Or contact us via our support App, once live
- Free minor changes to your website, subject to ‘fair usage’.
- Knowledge Base articles on various topics
- Personal advice on business aspects we can help you with, such as marketing.
- Automatic renewal of your free domain name(s).
- Reminders for when any of your additional domains need renewing.
- If you have purchased an Extra, then support for that extra comes as standard.
- Custom and eCommerce website package customers also receive eCommerce Support as standard.
3. Server Management
Your AfterCare Package includes the following to ensure the uptime and safety of your website/app and its data:
- Fully managed dedicated servers with 24/7/365 direct access to UK-based trained technician support.
- Fast hosting on a dedicated server that is in wholly owned UK-based data centres. No shared hosting is used.
- Carbon neutral hosting with 100% power and network uptime guaranteed.
- Latest server software patches are automatically installed as they are released.
- Cisco PIX/ASA Security based firewall.
- Server malware protection.
- Real-time server monitoring for potential threats.
- Servers are backed up daily.
- Guaranteed data sovereignty, i.e. your data will never be transferred outside of EEA borders.
- scalable bandwidth and file storage.
- ISO 27001:2013, ISO 9001:2008 and PCI DSS
- ISO 14001:2015 Environment Management System
- Option to add DDos Attack Protection to your website(s).
- Option to add Web Application Firewall to your website(s).
4. Website Management
Your AfterCare Package includes the following:
- Automatic backups of both the site files and the databases. Backup intervals will depend on your website package. See our ‘Service Level Agreement’ (SLA).
- Daily security checks on your website and real-time monitoring of your website for malicious attacks, plus remedial action if necessary.
- Real-time uptime monitoring of your website.
- Spam monitoring and remedial action.
- Endpoint firewall and malware scanner that blocks unauthorised login attempts and more. Includes dashboard reporting.
- Automatic updates for WordPress core files.
- Automatic updates for any additional website software
- Free Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate, which gives your site the green padlock.
- Content Management Systems (CMS) that comes with an inbuilt online User Manual, including how-to videos.
- Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) elements are built in.
- Webmail facility, which means you can log in and access your emails from anywhere in the world where you have internet access.
5. Mobile Apps
Your AfterCare Package includes the following for your mobile apps:
- Mobile App hosting.
- Free Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate.
- Incremental daily backups with a full backup carried out weekly.
- Real-time daily security checks.
- Real-time uptime monitoring.
- Regular upgrades to the software and CMS.
- Free minor changes to your app, subject to ‘fair usage’.
- Specialist Content Management Systems (CMS) for managing push notifications, events etc.
- Inbuilt online user guides, including how-to videos.
- Set-up and management of your Apple & Google developer accounts. Does not include developer license fees.
6. Other Service Enhancements
We believe in giving our clients the best service that we can. We aim to continue to improve on our services and systems as much as can. Here are some other features we believe demonstrate our commitment to quality of service:
- Breach Response Insurance (Cyber Insurance): £2,000,000
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: £5,000,000
- Public & Products Liability Insurance: £10,000,000
- Our UK GDPR Policy
- Our Information Security Policy
- Our Service Level Agreement (SLA)
This document must be read in conjunction with, and forms part of the complete The Agency’s policies and agreements:
- Your Project Proposal
- Your Client Agreement
- Our Terms & Conditions
- Our Operating System & Browser Policy
- This Secure Password Policy
- Our Information Security Policy
- Our Service Level Agreement
- Our UK GDPR Policy
This document was last updated in July 2022