In response to the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, we are launching a mobile app special offer. With the many restrictions placed on local food businesses, we want to help the business owners now offering takeaway, collection and delivery services to their customers.
“As an ex-restaurateur myself I am especially aware of the concerns facing these businesses.”
As featured in the Grantham Journal news:
The Mobile App
The app can be developed for small businesses such as restaurants, public houses and cafés. It can also be created for other similar businesses such as fruit and vegetable merchants, butchers and bakeries that are currently offering collection and delivery services.
We are offering the app to help businesses continue to safely provide food collections and deliveries. Payments are taken through the app, significantly reducing the need for handling cash or card payments. Especially as social distancing could become an issue for staff and customers.
The app allows businesses to display their products and prices so that customers can simply add them to a basket and pay for them via the app using PayPal. Customers can also select whether they want collection or delivery, where offered, and even add any notes to the order, such as delivery instructions. The notes section can also be used for food allergy and intolerance notes.
Other features in the app include:
- your contact details
- your opening hours
- built-in map directions to the venue
- your website link
- links to your social media accounts
- ability to send push notifications, see below
- dashboard for managing your orders and customers
- ability to reject orders placed outside of the opening times
- decide between offering delivery only, collection only or both
- show estimated delivery time
- specify postcodes that you will deliver to
- send order confirmations to customers if you choose to
- set a minimum order value
- set your delivery cost
- set different delivery costs by postcode
- option for free delivery over a certain order value
- specify your terms and conditions for using the app
- option to add Google Analytics to the app
When someone places an order, you will receive an email with the order details. You can also choose to receive a text message alerting you that you need to check your email, and junk/spam folder.
Sending push notifications, ensures customers can be made aware of any latest offers, special discounts, changes to collections or deliveries or further changes to Government legislation. Or even local roadworks or road closures that may cause delays to delivery and collection times.
Please feel free to take our demo app for a spin on your own phone by scanning the QR code below this image of what the app can look like.
The demo app is not set up with a PayPal account at the moment. Therefore if you place an order whilst testing the app you will not be asked for a payment.
To enable as many small businesses to benefit this is a non profit project for us. The apps are based on a set template so that we can build and launch them as quickly as possible. Additional functions, such as loyalty schemes are not included in this offer.
- Build fee: £0.00
- Customisation of the app to match your own branding and colours: £0.00
- Manual addition of up to 25 menu items/products: £0.00 *
- Spreadsheet upload of any number of menu items/products: £0.00 **
- AfterCare monthly fee: £24.95 to cover maintenance and support costs to run the apps.
- Our usual terms and conditions state that all our contracts are for a minimum of 12 months. However, for these app contracts it will be only 6 months. Of course you will be able to keep the apps going for as long as you wish.
* Additional items can be added manually, there will be a nominal charge for this depending on the number of items to add.
** We have a sample spreadsheet that we can give you to complete if you are comfortable using spreadsheets.
How To Take Advantage Of The Offer
We have created an online form for you to complete below. The form will ask for the following:
- your details
- your email address
- your phone number
- your business details
- your logo
- an image for the app’s home screen
Once we receive your completed form we will contact you to gather your menu/product information. We have stock photographs of many food items. However, if you have your own photographs that would be better.
You will need to have a live PayPal account already set up. We will require some API credentials from this PayPal account. We will help you with this if you are unsure how to obtain this information.
As soon as the app is built and ready to launch we will take monthly payments via PayPal on a recurring subscription.